Long-term care insurers rely on CareScout’s provider databases and deep provider eligibility data to make timely decisions. Customizable processes are combined with a rich data set to speed the provider eligibility process, that can lead to improved adjudication efficiency, accuracy and customer experience.
When collecting provider data, CareScout uses customized credentialing forms and processes to fit long-term care insurance carrier policy requirements. The type of information collected varies according to provider type and more than 500 data points are available.
Some sample data points are listed below:
- License type, license number and Status
- Types of services offered and the standards upheld by provider
- Varying levels of care provided
- Certifications and/or accreditations held by provider
- Level of clinical oversight provided by facility or agency
- Ability to service special populations such as cognitively impaired residents including staff training and special measures in place to ensure their safety
- Types of background checks conducted on staff
- Facility ownership, Tax ID number, types of beds
In addition to warehousing provider eligibility data on thousands of care providers, CareScout also reviews licensing regulations for facility and in-home care providers so that our clients have the most accurate data available. For example, we monitor more than 75 assisted living license types across the 50 states and update the services and requirements associated with each license.