Protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information, defined below, is very important to us. Please read this notice carefully. It will help you understand what we do with the Personal Information we collect both online and offline.
Online Personal Information
If you wish to remove your information or your provider from this Site, you may submit a request to remove the provider information by CareScout.com, mailing us, or calling us.
We may also, however, collect anonymous information about your visit to our Site for security and internal operations purposes. This may include your IP address, browser type, the website you came from, and your likely country of origin. We may also measure data like how often users go to a specific page, how long they spend on that page and similar information. This anonymous information is aggregated and is not associated with individual users. It is collected to help us analyze usage patterns and improve our site's overall performance.
If you want us to contact you to provide you with information or to provide answers to your questions, you must provide Personal Information. In most cases, we will ask for your name, telephone number, or email address.
Uses and Sharing of Your Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information to outside companies for their use in marketing products or services to you.
We may share your Personal Information, but only if the law allows us to do so, with other CareScout affiliated companies for marketing purposes.
We may make additional disclosures of Personal Information as permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose Personal Information to government agencies including law enforcement agencies or state insurance authorities, businesses, or individuals in response to court orders, subpoenas, or to resolve complaints. Additionally, we will use your Personal Information to alert you to consumers who are interested in your provider.
When Do We Collect Personal Information & Provider Information?
- To create an account so you can view information about interested consumers
- To make changes/updates to your profile
- To ask for general information
- To pay your monthly fees
When you contact us:
- To provide information about interested consumers
- To provide information you ask for
- To provide information we believe you may be interested in
When we contact you:
When we contact others:
To obtain or confirm information about you (e.g. confirm license status)
Where Does Personal Information and Provider Information Go?
- To complete your registration
- To update your registration
- To review consumers interested in your provider
- To process payments from you
- To answer your requests for information
- We provide Personal Information and Provider Information to government agencies, businesses, or individuals in response to court orders, subpoenas, or to resolve complaints.
- We use third-party services on our websites to help in communicating or interacting with you and members of the general public.
- We may disclose Personal Information or Provider Information as permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose Personal Information or Provider Information to law enforcement agencies or state insurance authorities.
- We provide Personal Information and Provider Information to our affiliates and service providers so that we may service the website, your registration and/or status, your payments, or your questions.
- We provide only Basic Provider Information, which includes the business phone number and address, on CareScout.com to all visitors of CareScout.com.
- We provide Additional Provider Information, which includes contact information and the description of the provider as provided by you, to consumers with accounts.
Outside of CareScout:
How to Make Changes in the Personal Information You Give Us
- Personal Information can be changed by logging into your account. This includes information like your email address, phone number, etc.
- If you have trouble with making changes to your Personal Information, you can call CareScout for assistance at 800.571.1918.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
When you provide information to us on the Site, we use encryption and authentication tools to protect that information after it gets to us. Please note, however, that no internet data transmission between your computer and our systems is completely secure. While we endeavor to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information before it gets to us; you transmit that information at your own risk. If you are uncomfortable providing information over the internet, you should not register for this Site.
Once we receive your information, we use procedures and technologies designed to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information and to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural protections to protect Personal Information in accordance with applicable standards.
We require that third parties who have access to your Personal Information implement similar standards. We require third parties to agree to keep your Personal Information confidential.
Please note that CareScout cannot process any payments and cannot be given any payment information, such as credit card or bank information
The servers hosting our systems are in the United States. If you access our websites from outside the United States, this means that information you provide may be transferred to and hosted on servers in the United States. By submitting information to us, you expressly consent to those transfers.
What are cookies?
A cookie is information saved by your web browser. When you visit a website, the site may place a cookie on your web browser, so it can recognize your device in the future. If you return to that site later, it can read that cookie to remember you from your last visit and keep track of you over time.
- collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site
- enable the site to recognize you, for example by: – remembering your user ID – keeping track of your preferences if you visit the website again
- customize your browsing experience
The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer (or server). You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or to limit the type of cookies you allow. For more information, please see the FTC's guidance on cookies and other forms of online tracking.
This website uses first party HTTPS both session/persistent cookies for different use cases. For Analytics, this website uses third party cookies as well. This Site also uses tokens. The token received from Authentication API endpoint, is stored within browser session storage. This session storage is cleared on logout operation or when the user closes the browser of this Site. The token is stored within browser session storage so that it can be used in subsequent API calls.
- Token consists following information:
- User ID
- Authorization Token
- Login session ID
Website Data Analytics
By using our site or engaging in other communications with us, you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device where such activity occurs as described above, to the extent such consent is required by law.
At this time, this Site does not respond to browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals or similar mechanisms. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you using DNT signals as you move across other sites or services. Nor do we allow other companies to place DNT signals on this Site. No user Personal Information is shared with network advertisers or stored by cookie.
Information About Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not intentionally make this Site available to children. If we learn that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child who has registered for access to this Site, we will delete that information from our records.
Links To other Websites
Write to CareScout's Privacy Compliance Office:
Privacy Compliance Office
60 Hickory Drive, 4th Floor
Waltham, MA 02451
Questions About Identity Theft and Online Issues
Visit ftc.gov/idtheft to learn about the crime of identity theft, including detailed information to help you prevent, detect, and defend against it - https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft
Visit OnGuardOnline to learn how to be on guard against internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your Personal Information - https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0038-onguardonline
It only takes a couple of minutes.Contact UsJoin