If you are a health care provider with Registered Nurses or an individual Registered Nurse available to provide various types of assessments, CareScout may be interested in contracting with you.
How to join
Fill out the enrollment card and indicate the programs you are interested in joining.
Already enrolled and have a question? Email E-mail email@example.com
Through our relationships with families and long-term care insurers, CareScout arranges in-home visits, caregiver assessments and facility evaluations using Registered Nurses. Members of the FieldScout Network perform many services to:
- Understand and evaluate an individual’s physical and cognitive status
- Assess an individual’s level of ADL and IADL dependency
- Assess and evaluate caregivers’ abilities to perform required care
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care, in cooperation with a family and a CareScout Care Advocate
- Evaluate home safety and make recommendations that can positively impact the family’s life and ability to age in place
- Identify local providers and/or community resources that meet a family’s needs
- Perform a facility evaluation by completing a questionnaire with the facility administrator and collect required documents
What is the payment to providers for FieldScout assessments?
- CareScout will pay a flat fee per on-site assessment.
What does the payment include?
- Training / Onsite Assessment / All Costs including:
- Travel within 15-mile radius of office (Mileage over 30 miles, calculated middle of zip code to middle of zip code, is paid at the federal standard rate).
- Pre and post-onsite assessment discussion with CareScout as needed.
- Completion and delivery to CareScout of all assessment forms.
How does CareScout conduct training sessions?
- CareScout will provide you with a link to an online training.
- Individuals may receive additional telephonic training if requested.
How long does the onsite assessment take?
- Most assessments generally take 90 minutes.
What is the turnaround time from on-site assessment to submission of the FieldScout documentation?
- CareScout requires paperwork to be submitted as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours of assessment.
Can the staff person conducting the assessment leave marketing material for the policyholder?
- No. Once the policyholder is eligible for services, however, the agency may be promoted as a CareScout Network provider.
- Provider agrees to use all gathered information from Carescout for the sole business purpose of completing the CCA forms.
Who is responsible for the quality assurance and scoring after the assessment is completed?
- CareScout will assume responsibility for reviewing documentation and scoring of the assessment tool.
- CareScout requires nurse to be available to provide clarification on materials submitted.
Will I be assigned a specific area to cover?
- No, you are able to choose the area in which you cover. If you are called for an assessment that may be too far, you may simply decline that case.
How many assessments can I expect to receive?
- CareScout cannot guarantee or estimate how many assessments you will receive as the referral volume is generated by LTC claims activity.